General Excel Formulas for Accountants
This course will enable you to:
- Improve your general knowledge of Excel
- Construct both basic and complex IF statements
- Use conditional functions to write formulas more efficiently
- Understand different LOOKUP functions available and their benefits and limitations
- Use both relative and absolute cell references to efficiently write formulas
- Start using keyboard shortcuts as well as other time saving tips and tricks
Excel is a powerful tool and it's one that accountants use daily. But are you using it to its full potential? By developing your Excel skills, you will not only save time but make sure that your spreadsheets are always correct and clear.
This course enables you to create basic and complex IF statements, and use simple and more advanced lookup functions. You can also delve deep into conditional calculations, the SUM function, and learn how to use relative and absolute cell references to write formulas efficiently. You'll discover a variety of tips and tricks, functions and formulas that can be used across all versions of Excel.
Logical functions and IF statements
- Logical tests and IF statements
- Commission calculation
- AND and OR
- Nested IF statements
- SUMIF and SUMIFS
- More IFs and IFSs
- Using IF functions
- The fundamental functions
- VLOOKUP with MATCH
- INDEX and MATCH
- Lookup queries
- Using XLOOKUP
Relative and absolute cell references
- Efficient formulas
- Relative cell references
- Absolute cell references
- Constant row references
- Constant column references
- Multiplication table
- Creating a multiplication table
ACCA partner with accountingcpd.net to provide high quality CPD for members. As an ACCA member, you are required to complete at least 40 relevant units of CPD each year, where one unit is equal to one hour. 21 units must be verifiable; the other 19 can be non-verifiable.
Your accountingcpd.net course counts as verifiable CPD, if you can answer "yes" to these questions:
- Was the learning activity relevant to your career?
- Can you explain how you will apply the learning in the workplace?
You select courses that meet these criteria, and as you complete each course you get a CPD certificate so you can provide ACCA with the evidence that you undertook the learning activity.